Continuing our cycle of the properties and use of cannabis seeds, we must not forget about cannabis seeds, otherwise known as cannabis seeds. It will not be too much exaggeration to say that with the richness of nutrients contained in them, few other grains can be equal, so they are increasingly used in dietetics and natural medicine. So it is worth to get to know them more thoroughly and to decide whether it is worth to introduce them permanently to our everyday menu.
- 1 Seed cannabis – how it differs from cannabis and how it can be legally grown
- 2 Cannabis seeds – chemical composition, or what can be found in every grain
- 3 The nutrients we find in the hemp cannabis seeds
- 4 Hemp seeds – irresistible health benefits
- 5 Hemp seeds – how best to consume them
Seed cannabis – how it differs from cannabis and how it can be legally grown
Sowing hemp, which until some time ago was cultivated on an industrial scale in almost all of our country, is now experiencing a real renaissance, finally free from the negative opinions accompanying it. For years, they were unfortunately confused with the Indian variety, full of THC, a dangerous substance with narcotic properties, from which they differ radically. Sowing hemp (Cannabis Sativa L.), also called fibrous hemp, is a plant belonging to the family of hemp, growing naturally in Asia, the South Caucasus and Afghanistan. The difference between this variety and the Indian variety is so big that it is really impossible to confuse them, and they differ not only in appearance but also in nutrient content. In cannabis seeds we can find only minimal, even trace amounts of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), so their cultivation is legal in Poland, although it is regulated by strictly binding regulations.
Fibrous hemp may be grown only in a predefined area, on a defined area, with seeds belonging to the so-called elite group. The condition for starting such cultivation is also signing a cultivation contract with a company having a permit to purchase and further processing of seeds, issued by the Marshal’s Office of a given province. Cannabis seeds are used in many different ways, the best known is the hemp oil produced from them, which has many valuable health properties. They are also used to produce CBD oil, containing cannabidiol, which is increasingly used in the treatment of many diseases. This duo has now been joined by cannabis seeds, also known as cannabis seeds, which have excellent nutritional properties, according to many specialists, even better than the popular linseed.
Cannabis seeds – chemical composition, or what can be found in every grain
A chemical word may at first glance cause some controversy in us, but everything around us consists of some chemical substances and it is no different in the case of hempseed seeds. The composition directly determines their pro-health properties, and the richness of substances found in them delights not only laymen but also many specialists in healthy eating. All ingredients are present in perfectly matched proportions, maximizing the positive impact on our body. We can divide them into three most important groups, and the nutritional value of cannabis seeds makes them an elite super food.
The nutrients we find in the hemp cannabis seeds
(1) Vitamin E and other equally valuable and essential for the preservation of health
Our body is not able to function properly without an adequate daily dose of vitamins, which we must regularly supply with food. The most important vitamin found in cannabis seeds is vitamin E, not without reason called the vitamin of youth and fertility. It is a valuable, natural antioxidant, whose main task is to protect the body against oxidative stress, which can lead to cell damage as a result of adverse effects of free radicals. It slows down all aging processes, allowing you to stay healthy and youthful for a long time. It also has a great influence on muscle work. Protects red blood platelets from uncontrolled, dangerous sticking together, taking part in the synthesis of anticoagulants to prevent it. It is also essential for the proper production of semen in men and women, influencing the proper development of the foetus and the maintenance of pregnancy.
In addition to vitamin E, hempseed also contains valuable B vitamins: B1, B3, B5 i B6, affecting bone growth, skin and nail condition, supporting the immune system, actively participating in the synthesis of testosterone, an essential male hormone. Vitamin A, in turn, has an anti-cancer effect, strengthens cell walls, improves vision, accelerates wound healing and supports the production of red blood cells.
2. unsaturated fatty acids Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9
Another important ingredient from the point of view of our health, which can be found in the seeds of the hempseed, are extremely valuable unsaturated fatty acids, among which the most important are:
- Omega-3, which is the basic building block of all cells in our body, is included in NNKT acids, i.e. essential unsaturated fatty acids, without which we simply cannot do without. Omega-3 protects our body from many dangerous diseases, including cancer, and has a great impact on brain function, increasing memory and concentration, improving vision and preventing macular degeneration. They also have an extremely beneficial effect on the heart and the entire circulatory system, protecting against conditions such as heart attacks, arrhythmias and particularly dangerous clots. Their positive effect will soon be felt by our immune system;
- Omega-6, which has primarily anti-inflammatory properties, protects against many autoimmune diseases, prevents the accumulation of LDL cholesterol in the blood, which protects us against atherosclerosis, stroke or heart attack. Similarly to Omega-3, they are the building blocks of cells, allow to regulate too high blood pressure, regulate the hormonal balance of the body, help in the treatment of type II diabetes, support the work of the digestive system. Delivering them in the right quantities, precisely with cannabis seeds, we also take care of the condition of the skin, which is always properly moisturized, and hair, so that you can quickly and effectively control their excessive loss;
- Omega-9, another unsaturated acid, also called oleic acid, without which we are unable to function normally, also included in NNKT, characterized by a multi-layered, complex action, effectively supporting the work of many systems and organs of our body. It has a good effect on the work of the heart and circulatory system by regulating the level of the aforementioned LDL cholesterol, helps to fight unpleasant ailments of the digestive system, reducing the amount of gastric acids secreted, so that we do not feel heartburn, also prevents the formation of gallstones. Like Omega-6, it improves skin condition by helping to fight irritation and inflammation.
It is also worth noting that the first two unsaturated fatty acids on the list, Omega-3 and Omega-6, are present in cannabis seeds in perfectly matched proportions, optimal ratio 3 to 1. This is the balance which is definitely the most beneficial for our health, neutralizing possible effects of deficiency or excess of one of these acids.
3. minerals, dietary fibre and high levels of protein
In addition to vitamins and fatty acids, hempseed is also a rich source of minerals and easily assimilable dietary fiber. All the deficiencies in our diet of the most important elements almost immediately end up with difficult to cure disease conditions, and in seeds we will find such minerals we need as:
The presence of dietary fiber in its easily assimilated form, in turn, has a very positive effect on digestion and generally on the work of all elements of our digestive system. It slows down the absorption of carbohydrates, thus counteracting fluctuations in blood sugar levels, eliminates toxins and other negative metabolic products from the body, preventing the development of stomach or intestinal diseases. Additional action of fibre is based on effective suppression of appetite, which, if not controlled in time, ends with snacking leading to overweight and obesity.
Hemp seeds – irresistible health benefits
Looking at such a composition, it is really not surprising that cannabis seeds and its seeds, i.e. cannabis seeds, have recently made a stunning career all over the world, not only among lovers of healthy food, but also among many enthusiasts of natural medicine. The benefits of their introduction to the diet are obvious, and regular consumption is recommended to everyone who cares:
- Strengthening your immunity, this natural barrier protecting your body against diseases and other infections;
- effective prophylaxis that protects against heart and circulatory problems;
- in the case of women, to relieve both the symptoms of menstruation itself, often with a very painful course, and the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome;
- constant maintenance of proper bacterial microflora in the intestines, also necessary for rapid digestion and burning of fat tissue;
- regulation of the entire hormonal economy of the organism, which avoids uncontrolled increases in the level of certain hormones, especially those found during menopause or andropause;
- perfectly smooth, firm skin, without even the slightest acne lesions, perfectly moisturized and with a natural, deep coloration;
- strong, unbroken and well nourished hair, which prevents hair loss and does not require the use of any pharmacological agents;
- no digestive problems, diarrhoea, constipation or flatulence;
- maintaining correct glucose levels and lowering the “bad” cholesterol in the blood, while increasing this beneficial for health;
- to fully supplement existing deficiencies in the nutrients described above, with particular emphasis on the fatty acids Omega-3, Omega-6, Omega-9.
Hemp seeds – how best to consume them
Seeds of cannabis seeds can be easily found in health food stores, where they are usually available in several forms, ground, shelled or whole together with the husks, which also contain ingredients valuable to health. The price for a typical packaging is also not too high and for a 250 g seed pack we usually pay no more than 3 – 5 €. They can be successfully used as an addition to many dishes, e.g. by adding them in ground form to flour, from which we bake delicious bread or cookies ourselves. They will also work well as an ingredient in cocktails, especially when mixed with our favourite vegetables and fruits. The hemp cannabis seeds are also used to make this exceptionally tasty oil, an ideal salad dressing for salads, where you can’t fry anything because of its low smoke temperature. There are plenty of ideas for using cannabis seeds in the kitchen, and when you look at the recipes on the healthy nutrition pages, everyone will find something for themselves.
I am 31 years old and I am passionate about everything associated with a healthy lifestyle. I try to live according to its principles, and I want to share my experiences with you on this blog. You can find here the necessary information about slimming diets that give the best results in the shortest time, and also reviews of dietary supplements supporting this process, in order to help you choose the most effective ones. I am also waiting for your comments, which certainly will not remain unanswered.