Are you tired of being a slave to cigarettes? Wondering how to quit smoking? Homemade ways will help you fight your nicotine addiction. Check the most effective of them!
Some important tips
It should be noted immediately that quitting smoking is difficult, but nevertheless possible. In many cases, especially after a long-term addiction to nicotine, there is the so-called abstinence syndrome manifested not only by an overwhelming desire to reach for a cigarette but also by symptoms such as irritation, anxiety, concentration problems, headaches, coughing or even problems with digestion and emptying. Smokers who have been smoking for a long time must fight their addiction both mentally and physiologically.
An absolutely essential factor in quitting smoking is a sufficiently strong motivation. Do you want to break the habit effectively? You need to find an individual, powerful and convincing reason – lung cancer, stinking breath and clothes, grey, earthy skin or any other such factor. Then you need to define all the situations and places you associate with a cigarette (drinking coffee and alcohol, sitting in front of the TV, socializing) and come up with a way to fill in the resulting cigarette void. For example, it could be nicotine replacement therapy in the form of chewing gum, tablets or other tricks you’ve invented.
It is worth knowing that practicing sport, even in the form of a longer daily walk, helps a lot in the fight against addiction. It is also good to find some new, interesting hobby, because it will reorganise our everyday life and allow us to free ourselves from addiction faster. Finally, once you’ve made your decision, set yourself a specific day to quit smoking and then throw away all your cigarettes, ashtrays, lighters and clean up your apartment to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke. And remember, try to make it happen! Even if you fail the first time, make another attempt!
Homemade ways to quit smoking
There are many natural products that we can help ourselves by fighting nicotine addiction. Among them, the following are worth mentioning:
1. oats in various forms, oat products or infusions of green oats not only reduce the nicotine craving but also have a soothing effect on the lungs
2. a valerian infusion will soothe the nervous system, which is irritated by the lack of a cigarette, and if drunk in the evening it will ensure a peaceful sleep
3. grape seed extract will regenerate the lung damage caused by smoking
4. ginger cleans the body of toxins and reduces withdrawal symptoms such as nausea and vomiting
5. carnations and pepper cayenne will keep the nicotine hunger in check
(6) All spices, including the abovementioned cayenne pepper, contain capsaicin, a substance that neutralises toxins and their spicy taste discourages cigarette ignition.
7. St. John’s wort has natural properties that increase the production of dopamine and serotonin, thus helping psychologically to combat addiction
8. vitamins, especially C, A and E, are particularly needed during this period, as they remove toxins from the body and regenerate cells damaged by smoke and nicotine.
9. the passports in the form of infusions or capsules effectively help to deal with withdrawal symptoms
10. coenzyme Q10, naturally occurring in fish, oils, offal and blackcurrant, protects lungs and heart
11. lobelia, which contains alkaloids similar to those found in nicotine, significantly reduces the feeling of nicotine hunger.
When using a variety of home-made ways to quit smoking, it is also worthwhile to change your diet, increase your fruit and vegetable intake, eat products rich in fibre, avoid monosaccharides, drink green tea and water with lemon and exercise more than before! A good quality quit smoking supplement can also be a great help.
I am 31 years old and I am passionate about everything associated with a healthy lifestyle. I try to live according to its principles, and I want to share my experiences with you on this blog. You can find here the necessary information about slimming diets that give the best results in the shortest time, and also reviews of dietary supplements supporting this process, in order to help you choose the most effective ones. I am also waiting for your comments, which certainly will not remain unanswered.