A healthy diet, which also has a slimming effect, should also contain a large amount of fruit, the richest source of vitamins and other valuable nutrients. There is no question of maintaining without them full, long psychophysical fitness, they are resistant to almost all ailments and that is why, among other things, they should become a part of every meal. Most often we reach for their native species, but we will also benefit from exotic ones, such as the popular mangosteen.
Mangosteen – what is this fruit?
Mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L), also named mangosteen, grows in nature in tropical areas of South-East Asia, and is widely cultivated in Brazil and Australia. Mangosteen trees grow up to 25 m high, have characteristic oblong leaves of olive colour, and natural medicine uses their fruit, similar in size to orange, oblong shape and dark purple colour. They have thick skin under which the appetizing flesh hides, just like in an orange, divided into segments and with a similar sweet and sour taste.
Mangosteen – a wealth of health ingredients
The taste of the fruit certainly encourages consumption, but its health properties are much more important and are also appreciated by dieticians and nutritionists. This is what makes it so popular, and more and more consumers appreciate its many nutrients, the most important of which are:
- vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, C and E;
- catechins, antioxidants eliminating dangerous free radicals from the body, also preventing cancer;
- minerals: iron, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, copper and zinc;
- dietary fiber.
Such an extensive composition is conducive to the treatment and prevention of many diseases, so it is worthwhile to include mangosteen in your daily diet. The positive effects of its consumption, even in the form of tea, will be felt very quickly and we can count on it:
- long health of the heart and circulatory system, which is most affected by antioxidants, not only removing free radicals and inhibiting the aging process, but also lowering the level of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood;
- diuretic and laxative effects, removing toxins and other metabolic products, treatment of urate bottom;
- prophylaxis against cancer, inhibition of cancer cells development, effective e.g. in case of leukaemia, cancer and other liver diseases;
- better functioning of the nervous system and prevention of the development of Alzheimera disease;
- support of the immune system, which protects against infections;
- relieve symptoms of premenstrual syndrome such as mood swings, headaches and dizziness;
- reduction of body weight and regulation of digestive processes mainly due to the content of dietary fiber and therefore mangosteen is recommended by nutritionists in a healthy slimming diet;
- better appearance of hair and skin;
- a big boost of energy all day long.
Mangosteen – how to eat it?
It is definitely one of the most tasty fruits coming from the tropics, unfortunately in our country rarely found in fresh form. If we manage to get one, let’s get ready for a real feast of taste, and you only need to peel it off the skin and you can bite into the flesh dripping with juice. Just remember to store it properly to keep the mangosteen fresh for longer, in a dry, cool place and for no longer than a few days.
However, we usually eat it in the form of syrup, juice or concentrate, added to water or tea, fortunately retaining the fullness of their valuable health and nutritional properties. Powdered fruits are also very popular and can be stored much longer, freely soluble in various liquids.
Mangosteen – effectiveness for slimming
One of the most important elements of any slimming treatment is to get rid of toxins deposited in the body, which are also responsible for the accumulation of fat tissue. Their removal is the aforementioned property of mangosteen, which also accelerates metabolic processes, and especially thermogenesis conducive to rapid fat burning. Its role in the diet is also to improve the functioning of the digestive system, and the fibre contained in it is not only responsible for better digestion, but also effectively inhibits excessive appetite.
Unfortunately, many opinions about it seem to contradict these properties and contrary to the recommendations of the manufacturers of the specifics containing it, we cannot count on spectacular results, while not observing a rigorous, healthy, balanced diet. Of course, these opinions are not unambiguous and we would be unjust to question the pro-health properties of this fruit, and equally many consumers boast about the loss of weight with it, and are completely ineffective.
So it is better to try the mangosteen action yourself or reach for a supplement containing another fruit from the Cambogia family. We are talking about Green Barley Plus, a supplement based on Garcinia Cambogia and other ingredients with the highest proven effectiveness, such as young green barley. Taking 2 tablets regularly a day, half an hour before a meal, after just a few weeks you will notice that Green Barley Plus will allow you to get rid of most of your body fat, will block appetite, reduce snacking and increase stamina. These are, of course, only some of the effects of its multifaceted action, so it is worth placing an order for manufacturer’s website and quickly return to the old, slim and slender silhouette.
I am 31 years old and I am passionate about everything associated with a healthy lifestyle. I try to live according to its principles, and I want to share my experiences with you on this blog. You can find here the necessary information about slimming diets that give the best results in the shortest time, and also reviews of dietary supplements supporting this process, in order to help you choose the most effective ones. I am also waiting for your comments, which certainly will not remain unanswered.